Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 3

Day 3 is off to a roarin' start. I felt so awake and good this morning even despite not getting good rest last night. I haven't had shakiness or sweating since yesterday so hopefully that means I am over the hump.

For breakfast this morning I had a bit (about 3/4 cup) of nonfat Greek yogurt. About a half hour later I had a breakfast burrito made by Phil's Fresh Foods. Yup, it's a Facebook link but it looks like they've changed their name to EVOL and don't have the flavor I had this morning. Oh well. This burrito was nomtastic with some Trader Joe's organic tomatillo salsa (no sugar!) and I was sated until about 10:30 a.m.

Snack was delicious as well! I had the recommended serving size of 7 reduced fat Triscuits, a Frigo light string cheese, and a fruit leather from Trader Joe's called "Fiberful"!



This baby has Nutrition Facts to die for. 60 calories, no fat, 5 mg sodium, 14 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 8 g sugars, 1 g protein. The ingredients are Dried Fruits From Fresh Pulp (apple, boysenberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, plum, blackcurrant, cherry), Psyllium Husk, Flaxseed Meal, Soy Protein, Fibre Sweet Fibre (Inulin), Ascorbic Acid.

I had to research inulin as I didn't know if it contained sugar. You know, some of these things are tricky! It seems harmless and I am really glad about that because this fruit leather was deeeeeeeeeelicious! I can't wait to try the apricot one tomorrow.

Anyway, this snack was definitely filling and kept me fueled until about 12:30 when it was (is) time for lunch.

Lunch is a can of Trader Joe's (haha, guess where I shopped last night) Organic Lentil Vegetable Soup, 1/2 cup of brown rice, and 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs left from last night. Oh, and a Diet Pepsi. ;-)

I've been reading a lot about Clean Eating lately. In a magazine I got (called, hey!, Clean Eating) there was a quote:

Does this food contribute to my health and wellness?

I thought this was an especially pointed question to ask myself before putting something in my mouth.

Well, that's all I've got so far today. I have to say that my energy definitely seems to be up in the past day or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment