Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 4

Day 4.

I never thought I'd make it to day 4 without a mishap but it's true, and here I am to talk about it. The weird thing is I totally have more energy without sugar. I never would have believed it before I started. My commitment to go without sugar is only getting stronger.

This morning when I woke I had a banana pretty much right away. I have just finished a book called Thin People Don't Clean Their Plates: Simple Lifestyle Choices for Permanent Weight Loss by Jill Fleming, MS, RD. One of her analogies was that our bodies are like a campfire. When you wake up you want to feed the fire gently, at first, with kindling. That gets your metabolism started and then you can feed it little by little all day long, enjoying the steady fire (vs., say, the huge roaring out-of-control fire). Once I got to work I had some strawberries with a bit of nonfat plain Greek yogurt. That was probably about 8:30 a.m. At 10:30 a.m. I had some egg whites and lowfat cheddar over a piece of Ezekiel bread. I topped it with some tomatillo salsa and it held me until after 1 p.m. when I was able to get lunch.

For lunch today I had Cedarlane's Burrito Grande with Salsa Roja. I topped it with a bit of yogurt because I didn't have sour cream here at work. It was amazing! I felt sated until now (4 p.m.) when I'm just starting to get the growlies. I think I'll have the Peanut Butter Cookie LARABAR (ingredients: dates, peanuts, salt) and a lowfat string cheese.

Anyway, I have to cut this short for now. I want to write down some more thoughts after reading the previously mentioned book but I'll have to do that later tonight. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Mary. I know I said I would follow you but it seems impossible for me to give up my granola. There is 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of Maple syrup in 6 & 3/4 cups of granola. I eat a 1/4 cup at 8:30 every day and I just haven't been able to give it up. Forgive me and know you are stronger than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Mary! What a good initiative and way to go so far~ great attitude

    ReplyDelete