Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Fifth Day

I am dragging a little bit today but it is because it's Thursday and raining. I find now that once I actually get out of bed and get moving my energy level seems to respond more quickly than it did before. Perhaps it's because I'm trying to eat something first thing in the morning. Perhaps it's the lack of sugar. Who knows?

This morning I woke in the usual way. I ate a banana at about quarter to seven. At 8:45 I made myself a parfait with nonfat plain Greek yogurt (which I am remembering that I LOVE), unsweetened strawberries that had been mushed up a bit, and a really great granola I found: Nature's Path Sunflower Agave Plus Granola.



This was one of the most delicious things I could think of to eat. One of the things I do miss about quitting sugar are the excellent parfaits from Starbucks. This was a good approximation of one without all the unnecessary crap.

At 10:30 I had a snack of a Honey Crisp apple, lowfat string cheese, and 7 reduced fat Triscuits.

For lunch (12:30) I had the Tamale Pie by Amy's. I put a bit of salsa on it and it was fantastic. It'd be even better with some chunks of avocado and a little sour cream!

Anyway, I am still plugging along. Actually, I would say I am doing better than merely plugging along. This week I would say that I am totally owning it!

No comments:

Post a Comment