Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day One Without Sugar

I suppose the day after Halloween is a particularly auspicious day to quit eating sugar. It's also a challenging one if you have a hangover due to a successful Halloween party the night before. I was also planning to quit caffeine and artificial sweeteners but I definitely need my Diet Pepsi today!

I'm afraid I may have inadvertently eaten sugar in that I ate some leftover taquito casserole for brunch. I know the ingredients I used to make it were without added sugar but the taquitos themselves may have had some. At any rate, it's turkey soup for dinner (homemade) so that's all well and good.

I have been trying to come up with rules for myself. I am wanting to go more towards eating clean food because I really feel my body will respond better.

So, to get rid of sugar, here are my rules:

1) No refined sugar.
2) Maple syrup, agave nectar, honey, and molasses. I'm on the fence about rapadura and Sucanat.
3) No evaporated cane juice...at least not at first.

Seems simple, right? We'll see. I'm a HUGE sugar fiend. HUGE. But after a month long binge eating fest on sugar I am done with it. I'm ready for my body to get back to normal.

Anyway, I hope you'll follow me on this journey. I plan to write in this blog at least once a day to check in.

No comments:

Post a Comment